Thursday, September 20, 2007

Some of Tar's Brainiest Moments

As I was 1 hour late for my test this morning with my shirt on backwards and critical things left at home (all unbeknownst to me), I was reminded of my most brainy moments. They leave me smiling foolishly and saying "I'm gonna be a doctor!" (Like yesterday when my friend gave me a fig newton and I said, "These are good, I wonder what kind of fruit they put in these.") Granted it was one heck of a week with 3 tests right in a row, but if only I always had this excuse.

I never thought being an airhead would let me off the hook for a ticket, but whatever works.
I was in college driving my friend's truck, which mind you had a blown fuse so I could not roll down the window. I was chatting away with my friend, who was also in the car, and all of a sudden the blue lights were flashing behind me. The cop comes up, I open the door, he asks for my license, which I do not have, and tells me I have run 3 red lights with him right behind me. I tell him I don't have my license, then a light bulb goes on and I beamingly say, "But I have my phone!" Both he and my friend look at me with concern, and he says "What does that have to do with anything?" and I reply, "Well, it has my name on it so I can prove who I am." He paused a moment, then trying not to laugh says, "Try to be more careful," and sends me on my way.

Oh That's How Hot Air Balloons Work!

Yes, I was in college for this one too. I was on a date with a guy I REALLY liked. We were walking through the parking lot and I see a hot air balloon being blown up with the wonders of FIRE. I stopped stood a little while, and yes said out loud, "Oh, that's how HOT AIR balloons work." As if that wasn't bad enough I went to work on Monday and my boss was telling a story he heard at a Bachelor's party that weekend about this girl his friend went out with that seriously didn't know how HOT AIR balloons work. YIKES! Needless to say that was our first and only date.

And best of all.....

PULL the lever....
I was on my way to college and flew into Phoenix to get a car my parent's bought my brother and I for college from my uncle (a car dealer). He was showing me the car, how to check the oil, pop the hood, etc. He had me sit in the driver's seat so he could show me the features. I felt like I got everything fine, except when I tried the windshield washer fluid. It said pull, and pull with all my might I did. I even thought to ask my uncle about this broken lever, but all he did was stare at me. I figured he was thinking I was being ungrateful mentioning something broken, but I was actually thinking ahead to my drive through the Arizona desert with all of those gigantic smashed bugs impeding my view. So, I just dropped it and figured I'd get someone to look at it sometime. Man did my windshield collect bugs, and I kept thinking how great it would be to have a working windshield wiper lever. Months later as my friend was driving my car with me in the passenger's seat, he began cleaning the windshield with that blessed windshield wiper fluid. Why had it worked for him? I promptly asked him the trick to this finicky lever when he merely replied, "You just pull the lever towards you." And all this time I was pulling it out.... As my Dad would say to me (as he did many times while I was growing up), "Dumbsville, Taralyn, DUMBSVILLE!!"


On a heavier note, school is going well. I'm learning a lot and loving my classes. Our basement apartment is ALMOST finished and Craig has promised to post pics and a blog on his endless hours getting our home finished. Suede is growing and is luckily one smart girl....she must take after Craig.

4 comments:

corbin said...

Triple LULZ! That was one of the funniest posts I have ever read.

You're lucky you're so charming...and also so smart 99% of the time, otherwise people might get the wrong idea. :)

Anonymous said...

Wooooow...I think your blonde roots are showing!!! Radiology might be a good field for you!!! Just kidding! I'm glad I'm not the only person who has those moments.They don't call me Spacey for nothin'!
Suede is beautiful, by the way. You should show her off some more!
Since I read yours, you can read mine. myspace.com/pansyfairy

Nancy and Spencer said...

Oh what a laugh...I am so glad i read this today! I remember sitting next to you in that truck when you couldn't get the window down to try passing off your cell phone as valid identification! Only you could pull that off Tar. I LOVED being your roommate... there was never a dull moment.

Gina said...

Hey, Nancy gave me the link to your blog and I had to laugh about the, "...no, but I have my cell phone!" That is classic. You forgot the stories about when you ran your bike into the bushes and the time you slammed your thumb in the car door and the car started driving off. Those are my favorite stories!!!