Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brian May Remembered

This week is the one year mark of my cousin-in-law Brian May's death. He was/is an awesome guy and I can't remember back to when he and my cousin Stacey weren't married. He was a VERY large man and I remember as a child being nervous at his towering above me, but it always wore off after his friendliness came through.

I loved hearing about the way they met and fell in love. Stacey was an early morning custodian on campus at BYU and Brian was at her apartment (visiting her roommate) when she came home looking lovely from the early morning cleaning. I might not be remembering it completely accurately, but it seems that he made some smart comment, she returned one, and she wasn't much impressed with him. Needless to say they later fell in love.

Brian was a BYU football starter and so this past weekend my cousin Stacey was in Provo for a fundraiser etc. She and another BYU football widow were interviewed and carried the alumni flag onto the field at the game.

Here is the clip.



We love you May family and we miss Brian.

3 comments:

modestmuse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
modestmuse said...

Neil has had a lot of good things to say about Brian, that he was so cool and so fun. He said he worked with Brian for a few months in Tucson, building houses, and he had a lot of fun with him, and during that time Brian showed him that you can work hard and have fun, which really inspired him for his mission. Maybe this sounds weird, but I am quoting him on this: "I was convinced that churchy guys were usually nerds and lame, until I met Brian." He must have been amazing, I wish I could have met him.

Becca Welch said...

Taralyn,
I miss you guys! How is school and when are you coming back to visit?
Love you both-Becca