Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is There A Dr. In The House?


Well, I have to say that my hiding under a bushel for my fears of not being able to control my future are finally over. In the past months that I have neglected this poor blog I have re-taken the MCAT, finished my medical school applications including what seemed like hundreds of entrance essays. I have had 2 interviews so far, and today I got a phone call with my second acceptance. Thus, I can now come back out of my hiding space and tell you all of the happenings in the Sowby household. Dr. Sowby will be in the house.... just give it quite a few years for me to finish up :) The important thing is that I am finally on my way! Move over House, Dr. Sowby is on the way up. So far my acceptances are to a school in NYC (HARLEM) and one in the sticks of Tennessee. I'm not sure how I feel about living in the city of cement in a tiny apartment, but Craig hasn't decided yet which he prefers. NY would definitely do well for his line of work, but the school in Tenn. is in the middle of the mountains with great hiking trails. It's a tough call for him :) Anyway, I have fully repented of my folly and will keep up with the updates.

P.S. On other big news, baby #2 is on it's way at the end of May. Man do we have some changes coming to us! I obviously think this is not merely news for a Post Script, but am always unsure on how to break such news. Thus, I have resorted to the PS. Plus, those that get bored up top won't have patients (like my Dr. joke?) to find out the exciting news thus entered:) haha!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow- congratulations! That is great news on both counts. Glad to know your time away from the blog was doubly productive!

leslie said...

i like your style, i should try to blog only when there is something important to say... instead of all the mediocre posts in between like the boy who cried wolf

Sarah said...

Congrats on the exciting news as future doctor and mother! I am excited for you guys!

hlw said...

FANTASTIC!! I am sooo happy for you two (three, four?). We'll have to have real celebration next time you come to visit, which, you know, means food. Great job and congrats!

Sasha said...

How about you just stay in VA?? Get into medical school here so you are not so far away!!

Either way, congratulations! I would go the NYC route myself...but it has always been a desire of mine to live in NYC.

Shelley said...

Congrats on both ventures! You'll be great at both!

Aimee said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you! Of course, I'm probably more excited than anyone, since this is our dream. I know that you'll do awesome. And, maybe one day we'll work together - you'll just be a few years ahead of me. :) Although it's kind of ironic, Thad is highly considering VA right now to buy a practice. Now the only people we know in the entire state are moving (tear, tear)! Congrats on everything!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

This is exciting news! Congratulations to you both.

Gina said...

Wow, I wondered where you went! Glad you could come back to the blogging world with good news! Congratulations!

Jenny said...

congrats on baby #2 coming!!! how exciting. and hello - you should totally come to new york. only the coolest people ever move from virginia to new york. :) you'd be 3 hours away from us (again!) but this time we WILL get together! :)

Jamie said...

YAY! Congratulations, I am sooo happy for you! Now you HAVE to come to my holiday party. *sigh* but this also means you will be going away :( what a tough choice too!

Mallory Miller said...

He He He I love that I called it! :) I always knew you are amazing and would do it! By the way tried to call a while back... will try again tomorrow!