Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Snaggle Tooth

It was getting to Suede's 16 month birthday and I was getting extremely anxious about the fact that no teeth had yet popped into her gum filled mouth.

Web MD says, "Usually, the first primary tooth comes in (erupts) at about 6 months of age, although it can be as early as 3 months or as late as 1 year of age. In rare cases, a baby gets a first tooth after his or her first birthday."

Thus, Suede was EXTREMELY RARE being 4 months past her first birthday. Finally, just as I was getting ready to schedule an appointment with her Doctor (a day after her 16 mo. birthday) a tooth popped in. YEAH!

Again she is unusual in that it wasn't the bottom 2 teeth (that usually come in first), but her top front right tooth. I'm excited that the time of breaking food up in extremely small pieces is almost over. I had to get a picture, but as you can see, she wasn't the happiest about it at the time.


I was told that our friend Brad didn't get his teeth until really late as well, and he seems to have a good brain, so lets hope there's a correlation there :)

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Ouch! That looks like it was a beast to cut- hopefully she's hanging in there! (And you are, too!)

leslie said...

Suede, you look adorable in this picture.

Sasha said...

Josh didn't get his first tooth until he was 9 months...and it was the top one as well. And then the other three came in like two weeks later...before long your little baby will look like a big toddler with a mouth full of teeth.


Oh--and go look at my blog, I have updated it with the lewd nudity pics of Josh.

sashaandpatric.blogspot.com

heidi said...

and to think i was complaining about cruz not getting his molars quick enough...i feel you on the breaking up food--so over it. good luck suede--hope they don't all just pop in the next week!
awesome that you take hula--i too wanna be a Polynesian dancer, man can they shake it. i look forward to your video :)

Tiffany said...

I cut my first tooth at 18 months old and look how well I turned out! Both of my boys cut their top teeth first and Megan (15 months old) cut all of her first 6 in one weekend. Be prepared though-in 4-5 years, all Suede's peers will have lots of loose teeth and multiple visits from the tooth fairy before she will have lost her first tooth. Late coming in...late coming out.

hlw said...

My ped. said it is mostly genentic which ones come in first and when. All 3 have been over a year old before they got teeth, and they came like, all at once. AACK! Now, T-LYN I know that you will say that the research shows no correlation between cutting teeth, crankiness, and runny noses. I used to believe that. Now I know better. Infant's Motrin is your friend. Congrats to Suede! Go buy that girl a cheeseburger!

Tori and Steve said...

Taralyn, it was good to hear from you on my blog! I added you to my "friends" list! I can't believe Suede is 16 months already! Has it been that long? How is Virginia? We miss you here!

Becca Welch said...

I miss you guys... when are you coming out to UTah? Suede is getting so big. love you both-Becca