Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Genesis 2:19

Genesis 2:19
And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

This was the theme of our family home evening lesson yesterday (with my brother Zac's family and my parents) in which we chose the name of our new puppy. We all wrote down names and we drew 3 and voted.

The winner: "Bloke"

This name was supplied by my niece Hannah. I think she really wanted to say "Blake" but messed up and Gina quickly wrote down the first one she said. It's definitely starting to suit him.

He's a Basset Hound/Collie/? mutt and I think he's going to be a great dog. He's been preparing me for the baby with his nighttime potty breaks, but he is really starting to catch on.


P.S. Did I mention Craig's contribution was "Barfy-McToots" I'm really happy it wasn't one of the final 3. The kids really liked that one and I'm sure it would have been the winner. I can imagine myself calling that out my door at night.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cute puppy! Congrats on the new addition. I am glad that the Barfy McToots was not drawn, however, it is quite a hilarious name!

Sarah said...

We are going to try to find homes for the kittens in a few weeks. I am really tempted to keep them all! I don't think Shawn is too thrilled about the idea. I already have a name for the white one--if it's male. . . Gandalf! and if it's a girl. . . . Pearl!

Lynnie said...

What a cute puppy. I have no patience for things like puppies when I'm pregnant so good for you. So glad Suede shared her toys the other day - I think we'll have to find us one of those magnet books. She's a doll and I can't wait to see this new one. Come visit in few weeks when the goat babies get here - 200 goat babies in a field with kids = fun, fun, fun.

Stephanie Saunders said...

Barfy-McToots would have been awesome! No one would have misunderstood that one.

Tiffany said...

Ugh! Glad it is you, not me. A dog!? Isn't a toddler, a baby on the way, and medical school enough to keep you busy?

Melanie said...

What a cutie! And I love the name- although I thought for half a second that was baby boy Sowby's name! Any ideas there? I'm finding the second name much harder to come up with!

Jamie said...

Oooh he's so cute. He probably has cute puppy breath too (although it doesn't compare to the freshly washed baby smell you'll get to experience again soon!) -- am I the only one who loved to snuggle my freshly laundered infant? *lol*

Nancy and Spencer said...

I'm totally jealous. I want a dog for Kaden so badly!
p.s. Barfy McToots wasn't so bad. You could've just yelled out BM instead... oh wait, that's the same dilemma!

Anonymous said...

Awww...he's so cute. Babies have to be or else no one would go through potty training and feeding and chewed up furniture...
Did I ever tell you how we named our dog? We had had him for a few weeks and had talked about a bazillion different names. Finally, in exasperation, I said "He's going to the vet tomorrow, we have to name him something!" So, we named him Somethin'!

hlw said...

That's how Neela got her name, too. Everyone submitted ideas at my 30th b-day party. Neela is actually Heleen backwards. It's just spelled that way 'cause that's how the vet spelled it! One of my favorite submissions for her name was "Boot's". Notice the apostrophe. Funny! Bloke is a very cute dog, hope he's housebroke (is that a word??) before baby comes!!

Jamie said...

(Hey I sent you an invite to Gilli's party but I'm not sure if that's still your email address, let me know :)

modestmuse said...

Congrats! He is so cute and a good farm dog -- are you moving to Tenn. then? We got a puppy, too -- and a kitty! I will have to post pics.