Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Greatest Show on Earth



As most of you know, we recently moved from Utah. There are many things we miss, but one in particular is our "House MD" night with the Wittusens. I have tried and tried all of those "great" shows everyone talks about, i.e. grey's anatomy, heroes, etc, and they never quite took. BUT, other than Discovery Health, House MD is the only thing that interests me on that tube (can I still say that since they don't use tubes anymore). We would gather every week at the Wittusen's to partake of the incredible mind of Dr. House, with me using the educational value of the show as an excuse for time away from studies (you know they use real medical cases for the show). Every week without fail Brad would sit down on the couch complaining about "how dumb" the episode was....granted he could never wait until we came over to watch the Tivoed episode, and he would spend the time to watch it yet a second time. Now that we are away from them, I miss our bantering on this great show (although after the first episode of the season I did receive an e-mail from him about the "dumb aspects"). This last episode was AWESOME! I'm loving the fact that they have a black Mormon on the show. Not only is that going to bring the best comedy from Dr. House, it makes me excited to see how he'll be portrayed. This first experience with him already created some debating among Craig and I. I don't remember his name, but my question to all of you is would you have done what did on the show last week if placed in front of you? I won't ruin it for you by explaining it if you haven't watched it yet. Craig said he let us all down, where I feel quite the opposite. If placed in that position I would have done exactly the same. Craig claims he would not. So, I am now placing my first poll on our blog for your feedback. Feel free to also leave comments on this blog. If you have not seen the episode I implore you to watch this episode. I think you may be able to get it off itunes if you missed it. Or maybe somewhere online. It was seriously awesome (completely void of dumbness Brad). I guess I should find out his name for the poll...

4 comments:

Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig said...

I thought that Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus was the "Greatest Show On Earth". Perhaps if Dr. Cole would have been offered something a bit more tempting(aka magic brownies) he would have been justified. After all, the W.O.W. says no strong drinks, but "every herb in the season thereof" is good for the body. I guess.

Taralyn said...

Craziest thing happened this week when we were watching House. There was a part when House walked into the exam room of the clinic and a guy pulled out a knife and stuck it in the electrical socket. All of a sudden everything when BLACK. It took us a second to realize it was OUR power that went off at that very moment! CRAZY! It was a bit creepy how it all played out. Now I'm desperately searching the internet to find the episode because I have no idea what happened!!! Looking at the poll, I see I may be the only one that agreed with Dr. Cole. Hmmm.... I was hoping to find others on my side.

corbin said...

I almost agreed with you. If there truly was no other alternative, then yes, I would do it. But the fact is, she was just being dishonest and didn't want to tell NASA. So I don't know if protecting someone else's dishonesty is a good reason to abandon your principles. But seeing as how she was irrationally opposed to full disclosure, you could justify saving her life regardless of her own shortcomings. But on the more practical side, there had to be at least one other person in the group that didn't drink. House was most likely going after the Mormon because 1. it was an easy, obvious choice, and 2. he likes to push people around. If he had asked the whole group for non-drinkers, Dr. Cole would not have needed an explanation the first time he asked him. Only if House asked every person individually and happened to ask the Mormon last would it be possible that he was sure there were no other non-drinkers in the group. Not likely.

Anyway, I don't have a problem cutting off someone's head if it saves a nation. I certainly would drink some tequila if it would save someone's life, but only if it truly was the only option.