Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter


Happy Easter to everyone. I had a wonderful week leading up to Easter Sunday preparing to speak in Sacrament Meeting (to the congregation). I've never spent that much time contemplating the Resurrection of Christ before Easter actually comes, and I think I'll make it a yearly tradition (hopefully not counting the speaking part). It really helped me to appreciate it much more than I have in the past. We spend so much time leading up to Christmas, but Easter, the most important event of all we kind of glaze over until the day of. It was a little nerve racking having me and Craig as the only speakers on Easter Sunday, but we got through it.

My favorite quote of this year for Easter is by Howard W. Hunter (in his talk "He Is Risen"):

“Think of it! When his body was taken from the cross and hastily placed in a borrowed tomb, he, the sinless Son of God, had already taken upon him not only the sins and temptations of every human soul who will repent, but all of our sickness and grief and pain of every kind. He suffered them all. He did this to perfect his mercy and his ability to lift us above every earthly trial. But there remained one more set of chains to be broken before the Atonement could be complete; the bands of death... It is the responsibility and joy of all men and women everywhere to “seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have [testified]” (Ether 12:41) and to have the spiritual witness of his divinity. It is the right and blessing of all who humbly seek, to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit, bearing witness of the Father and his resurrected Son.”

Here are some pictures of Suede and her cousin Hannah in their pretty Easter dresses. Happy Easter!


9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Suede is darling! Can you believe a year has almost passed? Did she have fun hunting for eggs? Easter is actually my favorite holiday and if you're interested, I have a FHE 6 week/6 day countdown to Easter Sunday. We love you guys and look forward to seeing you late April.

Gina said...

That is a beautiful quote and Suede looks so pretty!

Shelley said...

Suede is one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen! She looks just like a Sowby! Hope you had a great Easter! Good job taking on the task of speaking in church on Easter Sunday!

modestmuse said...

I disagree -- she looks exactly like a Clawson. Then again, I've only seen one Sowby. But I see a lot of resemblance, in a good way, when your dad is holding her. She is beautiful!! Great talks, glad we could be there for it. An extra-special Easter. Still trying to wrap my head around why you want pics of me/us with your family photos :)

Sarah said...

Suede is such a beautiful baby! I can't believe she is almost 1!! We sure miss you guys!!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Wow, she is beautiful! I can't wait to have a girl so i can buy her pretty dresses!

heidi said...

suede is getting so old so fast!! super cute. what an awesome hike! you look so high--how long did that take you and what is the 56 mile hike about? good on ya.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Scott and Jillian said...

Wow! I can't believe how big your little sweetie is getting! She's beautiful! SO, how are you guys doing?