Thursday, November 1, 2007

Who is Ogden Nash?

Wikipedia has done it again! I felt a tug to find out who this Ogden Nash was because I used his quote in my last post. Turns out he was (died in 1971) an American poet with some rather funny poems. The following is one that was on wikipedia that I thought was funny.
Ode to the Llama

The one-L lama, he's a priest
The two-L llama, he's a beast
And I would bet a silk pyjama
There isn't any three-L lllama
(Nash later appended a footnote to this poem: "The author's attention has been called to a type of conflagration known as a three-alarmer. Pooh."


It peaked my interest so I looked up another

The panther is like a leopard,
Except that it hasn't been peppered.
Should you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say ouch,
Better yet, if called by a panther,
Don't anther.

Ha! He may become one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Zac said...

I have no comment for such nonsense
Except that I have no comment
Such blather you must condense
Or my face will albescent
For such large amounts of rubbish
Are too much for me to cherish

I am calling that one
"Descent From Rhyme"